Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My Little Bit of Heaven

I have not had the opportunity to play in our garden for almost a month. My skin itched. My eyes watered. And, my heart longed to be in the best place on Earth...my little bit of heaven!

So, when I was finally able to garden, the first item to address...weeding; some much needed weeding! Between the wildflower bed, the garden and the area along the garage, it actually did not take us long to clean things out. The best part, though, is that we already started planning for next year!

Should we plant garlic this fall for next spring? Who knew you had to plant garlic in the fall, so it would come up next spring?

Perhaps, we will not plant squash next year? It takes over a good quarter of the garden. Though I must admit the spaghetti squash tasted A-MAZING!

Maybe not so much corn (well, that was my suggestion, anyway)? Eight rows of corn tends to take a good majority of the space we have; however, I think it is JC's bit of heaven.

Any suggestions?






No comments: